Old 05-12-2012, 08:49 PM
SharonAnne

My grandmother lived in MO as a child. Add one more to the group of Missouri-ites.

Krystyna - I'd love to do a block, but will have to learn how to QAYG first. Would you happen to have a link to a tutorial on this technique? Are all those fish you caught perch, or maybe sunfish? Did you have them for dinner?

To all - Happy Mother's Day. All your tales of mothers who have passed on are bittersweet - my deepest condolences - I can certainly see why the term orphan would fit at any age. My mom is 83, and lives 3000 miles from me, but is still healthy and active. I am so blessed to have her in my life yet. My grandmother lived to be 98, so maybe I'll have my mom for a good number of years to come. She just got back from a cruise to Jamaica, Cozumel, and Costa Rica a few days ago. AND she went parasailing (she was the only one who got dunked into the ocean - but she thought it was intentional as a joke, so we'll let her keep thinking that - lol). Talk about adventuresome for her age. She also went snorkeling and would have gone on a zip line, but they told her she had on the wrong shoes... My kids are also on the east coast, and my DH's family is tiny and do not get together much, so Mother's Day will just be another Sunday for me. I use it to think back on my best greatgrandmother (yes I remember her), grandmother, mother, daughter, son, and grandkids' precious moments. I am blessed even though I can't be with my family!!! Life is good.

My SP package will be mailed on Monday during my lunch hour from work. I'm excited about it, and hope she and her furbaby like it as well.