View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 03:54 AM
romanojg

First of all; at that price you could resell it and not lose if you didn't like it. I love mine and yes, I could probably use it a lot more. I first got it mainly because of the time and energy it saved me for my rag quilts; what a time saver. One of the first things that I didn't was go thru my scrap bins and make 1 in to51/2 squares out of it and put it in bins. That has helped so much, first of all it's not stuffed into a bag where I hated to go digging thru. I can see fast if I have certain colors that are needed. I use the squares for applique, quilting, etc. The dies you do like most things, pick them up here and there and add to your "stash" just like you do when you are trying to build up your thread or fabric. I've gotten some great deals on ebay and the Accuquilt site has lots of patterns; some are free. If you have EQ you can even download shapes to use with it in designing quilts. This is just another one of those items that you'll always here both negative and positive sides so you have to decide for youself. Since you aren't paying full price you won't lose money if you sell it later on. The dies you buy will also sell or make you happy when you use them.