Old 05-13-2012, 05:05 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Speaking of Elnas have you seen this one, Nancy? http://sacramento.craigslist.org/hsh/3003633736.html I'm betting it will need the inner pulley resurfaced, but it looks to be in nice shape with lots of discs:>
No I hadn't noticed this machine on Craigslist! I don't check Craigslist that often anymore - too tempting. I am trying to stop my sewing machine addiction!

I don't have an Elna so I thought you were talking about the friction motor pulley system on the old machines. The tire on the friction motor pulley system is sometimes missing - you can't just buy the tire alone - you have to get the whole friction wheel - but, they only run about $5. I just have this thing about putting all my machines back together with all their parts working. Another reason I need to quit buying machines. I have moved most of my machines into my little museum. I have about 20 in the house is all - the ones I use, but I just can't stand making any of my machines parts machines!

The one old New Home, I could not fix - wasn't going to spend money on repairs - I gave to Hospice! I do understand about the money and the worth of the machine, I just get rid of the ones I can't fix! Candace, if I had one as nice as the Elna, I might consider keeping it for parts - not sure I could though!

Nancy

Oh Happy Mother's Day all you mothers!

Last edited by BoJangles; 05-13-2012 at 05:16 AM.