Old 05-13-2012, 07:36 AM
athenagwis

Default Quick Fun Poll - How many WIPs do you have?

So a big HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to everyone!! I thought it would be fun to have a poll today. Even if there are already a bunch of answers, please feel free to add your numbers too!! I am going to try and compile the data to come up with some fun statistics (math geek much?? hehe) Yes, this is how I like to spend my Mother's Day. Answer as many or as few of these questions as you would like!

1. How do you define a WIP?
2. How many quilt WIPs do you currently have?
3. How many non-quilt WIPs do you currently have?
4. What stages are most of your WIPs in?
5. What is the most number of WIPs you have ever had at once?
6. What method do you currently use to keep track of WIPs/Completed projects?
7. How many quilting patterns and books do you own?
8. How many of those patterns and book you own have been used for a project?
9. What method do you currently use to keep track of your patterns & books?

I hope you'll play along with me! Here are my answers:

1. I define a WIP as any project that has been started (fabric at least cut), but not finished (finished=I can use it).
2. I currently have about 20 quilt WIPs
3. I don't really have many non-quilt WIPs as I tend to finish those all at once rather than setting them aside.
4. Most are flimsies waiting to be quilting, about 8-10 are quilts I have cut out and still need to be pieced, or I have started piecing just a bit. One is just needing binding.
5. I would guess the most I have had at once is about what I have now.
6. I use a spreadsheet, though I still tend to forget some of my lonely WIPs and will look through the piles to find them again someday.
7. I probably have about 8 books and 10 patterns.
8. So far I have probably used 2 or 3 books for quilts (still in progress) and 1 or 2 patterns.
9. Look at my shelf every so often and remind myself why I bought them in the first place and to not forget about them again!!

Now let's hear yours!!

Cheers!
Rachel