Old 05-14-2012, 09:04 AM
greenini

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Everybody, I need your prayers now. Today I went for a repeat mammogram of my right breast and I was told I had a cluster of calcifications in there. The radiologist told me they are usually benign but they biopsy them to be sure. He said this was a significant change since my last one 2 yrs ago. I am scheduled this Wed for a breast biopsy. I cannot lie, I broke down in his office and again when my husband I were leaving. All this because a GF of mine emailed me a couple of weeks ago and told me she was diagnosed w/breast cancer. I had not been for a mammogram in 2 yrs but after hearing that from her is when I scheduled mine. I am glad I did now. I will keep you all informed but please send me lots of prayers. And for those of you who have NOT had your mammo yet, GO GET IT NOW!
Teresa,

I'm so sorry for this diagnosis. I reacted exactly the same way, and yes. It was cancer BUT I had calcifications the first time in '93..yup, it was dx'ed as both dcis and lcis (ductal carcinoma and lobular carcinoma in situ, means they hadn't spread). Had just a lumpectomy, tho knowing what I know now, I would have had radiation and probably taken Tamoxifan for 5 yrs. 6 yrs ago, after somehow missing a mamogram, they found it again, same breast, same area. This time in addition to the lumpectomy, they did do radiation, plus 5 years of various anti-estrogens. I feel very lucky that it is all behind me now and altho it wasn't too bad, I am ok with it. They just know so much more now....they can test it if it is cancer and find out if chemo is going to be helpful, they can tell if anti-estrogens will work....

There is a ton of info out there, if I can be of any help, if you want to PM me, please feel free.