Thread: Big Score
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Rubesgirl

Smile Big Score

DD and I went to Fabric Hut in Norfolk, VA on Saturday to look for some white on white fabric I needed. They had a fairly good selection, but not exactly what I wanted. Wandering around the store we came upon their clearance section where I found the perfect fabric I was looking for. A Marcus, nice weight, great pattern woven into it not stamped or printed on. But it had some major stains from a leaking roof. The price was marked down to $3.29/yard. I figured I could get some useable yardage for strips, so I asked for 3 yards. She cut very generously, more like 4 yards to make up for the damaged parts. Wow, I thought, that's great! Then we talked a bit and I decided to take the rest of the fabric. White is always good to have around. So I wound up with about 8 yards at a great price ... but it gets better! I soaked it all in Oxyclean and washed it. When I took it out of the washer ... NO stains! What a deal! 8 yards of gorgeous fabric, now completely useable, for $3.29 a yard! YEAH!!! :-D