View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 02:14 PM
MacThayer

I've taken a lot of courses at Craftsy.com, and I haven't run into a bad, or even mediocre instructor yet! I've paid anywhere from free to $14.99 to $19.99 to $25.99 to $29.99 for them. Just look for the specials. Do start with the free Block of the month. I'm not keeping up with the month either, and it doesn't matter because if I have a question, it is answered promptly anyway, even when I am out of sync with the month. And no, they aren't the greatest blocks, but they were chosen to teach you specific skills, not to be the prettiest blocks, and Wow, am I learning. That Sewing Machine 911 is great too, and it's free. It's all about trouble-shooting common problems when sewing, and it really doesn't matter what kind of a machine you have. What's great about these courses is that you can go back to them again and again; your access never expires, which makes them a great bargain.

There are also some awesome DVDs available, that I've used, and more than one book on learning to quilt that has a corresponding DVD to help you out, especially with the basics. Don't count them out. They are yours forever.

I'm also going to check out QuiltUniversity.com. Thanks every so much for sharing that information DogHouseMom and KarenK!