View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Brynn

Default Funny coincidences--thrift store 401a!

So I went shopping over the weekend, and stopped by the local thrift shop on a whim. They had yet another red eye (very sad shape) for their silent auction, with a painted cabinet. I let her be though, she had plenty of bidders and I have no room for a full blown treadle.

For fun I stopped by the electronic appliances section, because they sometimes have neat things squirrelled away there. Well, I just about bowled over a young couple looking at toaster ovens when I spotted this baby!

Ain't she a beaut? I didn't take her home at first, because I knew my boyfriend would kill me if I did, but when I got home I realized, "Hey, my repair guy would love this machine!" So a quick call and confirmation later I burned rubber getting back to the store with a coupon in hand and walked out with this monster.

Oh, and did I mention it came with attachments?

Anyone care to guess how much I paid?

How about $19.35. To top it all off, this machine is actually the one my mom learned how to sew on, so she's going to buy it from my repair guy once he's worked his magic on it. How neat is that?