View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Kay in Iowa

Thanks everyone for your input regarding my iron fire. This morning I called Rowenta's customer service department. Explained to the gal the situation. She is sending me a postage paid label so I can return the iron to them. She asked me if I wanted to file a claim for the fabric and any medical expenses I had. Since I had no medical expense - other than the silvadine I already had - and I have had time to think about an alternative repair to the fabric, I said no - but I did feel they should replace the iron and tell me EXACTLY what happened - once they take it apart and look into it. She assured me they would contact me but we'll see. This iron was new about a year ago. This is the third Rowenta travel iron I have had: one handle broke and the other one finally quit heating. I like the size and weight of this little iron but now I'm a little worried about another one. Does anyone recommend another brand that is similar in size? I'm in a daze right now as to what to replace it with.

Also, I wanted to thank everyone for offering to see if my backing fabric was available from someone's stash. It is a black background fabric and the dye lots are often off enough to make it noticible. I'm going to embroidery on plain black fabric - I used it on the quilt top also - to put in a section that will compliment the quilt top. I think that will work o.k. Think I just paniced yesterday.....I'll post pictures when I have the quilt finished.

Didn't have time today to get pictures of the iron and burnt fabric, but will try to do that soon also.