Old 05-14-2012, 07:18 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Nancy, I still have never used my Free that I picked up for free.

On that same day that I picked up the Free, I picked up a Graybar. After researching Graybar and National, I realized that the one machine that I couldn't identify on CLs was the National Two Spools. That machine had sat for at least a month before I picked it up. I was too intrigued with the Two Spools that the Free got moved aside. I used the top of cabinet to hold sewing items and the only bobbin that it came with went to the Singer VSII. Interesting how one machine can lead you to another machine.
Monica, I know you have not used that Free. I have seen it in your command center used to hold a cutting mat or something? I really enjoyed sewing with the Free. I made several small quilts with the Free No. 5! But once I got the Two Spools, I no longer used the Free so it went out into my sewing machine museum for now! I still like the machine, I just like some of the other treadles better! I love my Two Spools for piecing and my 15-88 for quilting! Actually, I have 9 treadles in the house - all different - and they all get used for something different, from piecing to hemming jeans (except for my Pfaff - that one I don't use)! It would be interesting to find out what the rest of you use your treadles for!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 05-14-2012 at 07:23 PM.