Old 05-14-2012, 07:33 PM
virtualbernie

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I have a little attachment that fits on my vacuum cleaner hose, it's small enough to fit in most crevices in my machine and does a great job. A thoroughly cleaned mascara brush works wonders, too! I have to say, I was VERY shocked to hear her say she sews 8-10 hours a day and only changes her needle when she spring cleans - does that mean she only changes her needle once a year?!?!?!?
I have that attachment too and use it every time I clean my machine. I must admit I'm almost as bad as she is when it comes to changing needles. I only change them if my thread starts breaking for no reason, I get tired of hearing the "ca-thunk ca-thunk" sound or it's bent or broken. I haven't seen any difference in the quality of my 1/4" seams. Even the guy at Superior Threads doesn't recommend changing needles as often as some others do. I've heard after every 8 hours, every new project--I don't have money like that to throw needles away if it's not affecting my quilting. I like saving my money for all the other gadrillion gadgets recommended on this board.