Old 05-14-2012, 08:11 PM
nurseknitsLaura

I use my Free in the MUTT ( Multi use travel treadle) top. I have to say, it sews really, really well and is darn near silent. It serves as an end table in the living room when it's home. Still tweaking the bobbin winder on it, but it will get there.

I don't use the Davis Vertical Feed as much as I thought I would. For a treadle, it's really noisy. It is fascinating to watch. I might like it more if it lived in a different room. The Singer in the parlour cab is really just a showpiece. It sews well, but again, the place it lives is not conducive to use. It does serve with all it's little drawers, as a useful place to put stuff. The White rotary is really pretty, in a mission cabinet, but it does not like to free motion quilt, so I don't use it a lot. It is my emergency backup sanity machine, though, because a few years ago we had the house guest from hell and he was staying in the sewing room. I was completely cut off from all sewing machines, and I thought I was going to end up on the front page from the stress.( Luckily, we were disowned by said house guest, so have not been obliged to shelter him since.) I keep thread, needles, and scissors in the White's drawers in case of emergent sewing needs. My husband made the mistake of asking where the fabric was and was a bit non plussed when I replied that his shirts made about a yard each, and that would hold me! The hand crank 66 in the dining room is the one I use for sewing dolls and doll's clothes. Laura