View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tezell0801 View Post
Anyone made a "scrappy" quilt using perfectly new fabric??? I do have some fabric, I have started building a small stash since I decided to try quilting.
No need to wait for scraps. I make just about all my scrappy quilts from perfectly new fabric bought to make scrappy quilts. I do like to make controlled scrappies meaning brights, solids , a sashing or border to help tie it together or by colors.

A very big Calking in progress. The fabrics are scraps from another quilt made out of FQ, new yardage and FQ bought from some one on this board and from the fabric store. I went for mostly florals cream, red, blue and greens and a more blended look. This is my second daughter's wedding quilt and she loves shabby chic but I did not want the powdery blue, whites and soft pinks for her fiance, Mr. tall dark and handsome. In my mind I made a home decor shabby chic suitable for a guy.DD has seen it and loves it. I also made a her a small lap quilt in the same pattern. Her fiance is a pastor and they will both be going for missionary work in Africa. They will take the small quilt along and the big one will wait for them at my house when they move back.
Attached Thumbnails img_6051-custom-.jpg  

Last edited by Annaquilts; 05-15-2012 at 08:07 AM.