View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 AM
mpspeedy

LOL
This whole line of comments is exactly why I don't participate in block exchanges. The first few years I was in a guild I was in several block exchanges. There is always at least one block that just doesn't work. It is hard enough for me to make my own blocks fit together. In the beginning our guild was small and in order to have enough quilts made for our show we took turns making blocks for each other. I recieved one beautiful appliqued block that was 161/2 when all of the others were 121/2. I spent several days trying layouts that would include it. I finally made it the label on the back.
Just this past year the retreat I go on celebrated it's 10th anniversary. We were asked to make a certain signature block to exchange. Of course a few people didn't participate so I recieved an uneven number of blocks. What I ended up doing was using the square in a square method to sash the blocks in order to make them all the same size. I was able to put together a twin size quilt that will grace my bunk at this year's retreat. Once again there is a stray block on the back as a labe.