View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 02:03 PM
SimplySue

Smile finally getting around to my "intro"

My name is Sue and I joined a while back specifically so I could have a look at a friend's amazing machine find. Since then I haven't been on much at all.

I grew up in a family of sewers - grandma quilted by hand, queen-full-twin size quilts of amazing quality. Her sisters also sewed, including the one that lived with me at the end of her life. Those sisters sewed practically anything. I learned to sew at home from grandma and then in high school in home ec. I'm closing in on 49, the tail end of the Boomers. Didn't start sewing again for real until after my great aunt died and left me her beloved Bernina 1130.

With that and a bit of inheritance, I have become quite the fabricaholic...like to sew all kinds of things, mostly totes/small quilts/crafts and certain pieces of clothing.

I'm on today because I need some advice on my Rowenta focus. Seems today it felt like spewing it's water out the bottom edges and I have no idea why. It was given to me brand new 1.5 yrs ago....so you can see why I hate to just run out and replace it.
Thanks - good to meet you all!
Sue