View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 04:48 AM
Skeat

Originally Posted by Bucket
My LQS here is participating in a quilt shop hop. I'm wondering if anyone has done these in the past. The farthest shops would make me drive almost two hours just to get to the store. Do you think it would be worth it? I've never done one before. This event is offering patterns at each store, as well as drawings for fun prizes and special sales. I'd love to hear your opinions.

If you can participate in local hop shops....DO IT!!! It is such fun! I plan ahead and map them all out...I had one that took me from 7:30am to after 5pm...I went all day...drove 100's of miles...picked up a block for $5 from each...some extra fabric I liked to finish it...fun! Fun! You not only get to see allllll the shops around you that are in it...but, meet the people around the area, those running the shops, etc. Then you will know which shop will be worth the drive later! Plus the prizes usually are worth the try to win:)If anything....you have a project to play with later doing all the blocks! I have one here in about a week....I can't wait! Our local shop hop is doing the 30's fabrics! How fun is that?!! Sometimes they do something so ugly I can't even imagine what they were thinking! We have enough quilt fads w/colors, etc....you'd think they'd stick w/something popular! Anywhoooo....they are worth it! Don't miss out of the excitement!Skeat