View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 04:08 PM
angelic

I retired 2 years ago. Nine months ago I purchased my first vintage/ antique Singer Sewing machine because of a Bucket List. I wanted a machine similiar to one that I learned to sew on. The day before yesterday I bought #28 and today # 29. I am so addicted to them. I repair them and clean them up - I have sold 2 of them but I am not advertising. This past winter I started machine quilting - I am on my third quilt - I am hoping to do a quilt on each machine. First was a Singer 66, then a 301 - now I am on a 15-91 - looking forward to the free motion on this one - it was a bear on the 301 because of the 90 degree angle of the threade because of the bobbin location - this time it should be alot easier. Free motion quilting is so much fun - I do it to music and I can tell whether it was rock or classical playing because of the stitch - it will be awhile before I will be able to control that - untill then I am having a ball quilting. I wish that I had started this 30 years ago !!
If I knew how to post pictures - I would of the past 2 quilts and the one I am working on now

Last edited by angelic; 05-15-2012 at 04:10 PM.