Old 05-15-2012, 04:49 PM
mirabelle

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
I agree with JanRN. Wonderful balance of color values and beautiful work. It looks like she used a computerized design. Have you looked at how other LAQ's choose to quilt this quilt? There are endless possibilities I'm sure. It's difficult when the finished product doesn't meet our expectations. Is this a nudge towards your own LA? You do a lot of quilting from what you've shown us and you might really enjoy it.
Yes the LAer has a computerised Gammill and she alternated 2 designs between the blocks. I was going to quilt it myself but it was just so BIG. I had visions of each blocks being quilted differently and I discussed this with her, but I think she really forgets what customers tell her.
SO I am seriously considering quilting the Pony Club quilt myself, maybe in 3 sections and then the final borders. Having never quilted sections and then joined them I will have to think about it a bit more. I do enjoy FMQ but large quilts are beyong me with my back problems

Thank you again everyone for your kind words and all the encouragement that was given throughout this very long journey. I never would have made this quilt without you, it would still be a wannado