Old 05-15-2012, 05:53 PM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
Yes the LAer has a computerised Gammill and she alternated 2 designs between the blocks. I was going to quilt it myself but it was just so BIG. I had visions of each blocks being quilted differently and I discussed this with her, but I think she really forgets what customers tell her.
SO I am seriously considering quilting the Pony Club quilt myself, maybe in 3 sections and then the final borders. Having never quilted sections and then joined them I will have to think about it a bit more. I do enjoy FMQ but large quilts are beyong me with my back problems

Thank you again everyone for your kind words and all the encouragement that was given throughout this very long journey. I never would have made this quilt without you, it would still be a wannado
Mirabelle, that is how I did my last Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt. I sandwiched the three layers, visually divided the top into three. I then cut the batting from the two outsides. I labeled them right and left, so I knew how to put them back together. I then spray basted the center section. I also found I needed to pin the edges of the center section so I knew where to quit the quilting. LOL - ask me how I know.....had to unstitch some of it! The quilt was on the diagonal, so was confusing when I was quilting. When the center is done, I then cut Wonder Under into 1" strips and ironed another section of batting back on. Sprayed that section and quilted it, then did the third section. It really worked well for me. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by JeanieG; 05-15-2012 at 05:59 PM.