View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 01:55 AM
DebsShelties

Thank you, I paid $400 at a dealer(retail is $700), the bobbin has a thread cutter where after you set up to wind a bobbin, you wrap the thread around the spool a couple of times then cut it with the cutter that is under the spool. Bobbin then winds either using the start/stop button or your foot on petal.
It has 40 stitches, one being the 1/4 inch stitch. I needed a machine to do piecing on, my Euro is having bobbin issues again, if the bobbin is wound properly on that machine it runs like a dream, if not, it becomes a nightmare.
The Grace has snap on feet, I can use the extra feet that came with my Euro. Being lightweight, it can be moved easily.
I looked at Janome, Brother etc, even though they were cheaper and online order, they didn't have many of the things that the Grace has, so that made up my mind when I sewed on the floor model. I was looking for the speed control which this machine has, needle up and down was an added bonus, as well as the start/stop button, the different bobbin winding etc.

Last edited by DebsShelties; 05-16-2012 at 02:01 AM.