Old 05-16-2012, 04:47 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Who was it asking about when did the 99 become electrified? As far as I can find out, the first electric 99 was the 99-13 which was manufactured starting in 1924.

Nancy

It was me!!! I just bought a 1924 Singer 99 that has the foot petal and is in a bentwood case. It doesn't have a light. When were lights first put on the Singers, any one know? The wiring has been replaced, but the foot petal is the big old metal one. I also have a 1928 Singer 99-13 in the bentwood case, and it has the knee bar and also a light. Other than that, they are similar. I had been looking in the serial numbers and where I looked, the single letter ones don't tell the model of the machines. The AA ones do, and that's where my 1924 Singer 99 is listed, in the first group of 99's . Maybe some were the plain electrified 99's and others were the 99-13s. That is so exciting to me!!! Ya, I know some of the silliest things excite me. Thanks Nancy.
Janis go to this ISMACS site and you will see all the class 99's broken down. The very first 99 was the 99k1 made in 1911 to model a 66, but only 3/4's the size of a 66. It is a lot of fun to research our machines and learn about them! I think all of us get excited when we learn about our machines! http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...sses-1-99.html

Nany