View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Jeanette Frantz

Helen,

You asked for it! It's really a coincidence -- my first name is also Helen, named after my grandmother (we lived very close together and it was confusing when somone called "Helen", so my parents always called me by my middle name, and I've been Jeanette for 66+ years! The history behind my one large quilt: My nephew (adopted in 1985) was getting married in March 2010. His bride, Sarah, graduated from the University of Arkansas and was a monumental Arkansas Razorback fan. I came up with the bright idea to make them a quilt for a wedding gift. So, I went on the U of A website and printed a copy of the Arkansas Razorback (about 3" X6"). I enlarged on the copy machine, re-drew and enlarged some more. If I can figure out how, I'll attach some pictures. Obviously, I know that tthe quilt could be improved upon, but they were sure happy with it!

I guess you can tell I'm not doing real well with attaching pictures. To get back to the quilt, I also made and embroidered matching pillow shams. One thing I quickly learned, red will fade and bleed onto white. But I solved that problem with Rit's dye-setter (had to order it direct from Rit -- the shipping cost more than the solution)! I was glad to pay it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]335785[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quilt-pictures-004.jpg