View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 03:16 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

thanks every one for all the KUDO's
to answer a couple questions...and respond to a comment-
the suggestion about the file...great idea! i generally am quite organized- which helps me get so much done- and used to use a filing system & number system---each person was assigned a number- then i could wrap gifts- put them away with the number and when the time came new exactly what it was & who it was for----somehow that part of my organized life has ... become not so organized- (in fact i found a christmas gift i bought my hubby last year a couple weeks ago )
so i guess i need to get it back on track if i'm going to accomplish things this early-
now ...
how do i get so much done? i stay organized- (in my sewing life anyway) if i am watching tv i am either sewing too or doing prep work- i have a table set up behind the couch- i can sit there & cut, mark, what ever to prep what ever i am going to work on next- i take sewing to work with me & during breaks i sew, the only real time i spend watching tv is when there is a movie on i want to see or a ball game- (tiger's baseball or Pistons basketball) other than that- i am either in the sewing room or the quilting room-
i have found i can get alot done during breaks at work- generally a twin or smaller quilt top in a week-
i come home sew for an hour = fix dinner, eat, clean up kitchen= sew until 7:30pm- go out & watch Jeopardy- give the cat his treats- go back in & sew or quilt until time to go to bed.
on weekends i've been known to sew 10=14 hours in a day-
sometimes (if i'm really involved in what i'm working on & can't sleep) i will get up an hour or more early & sew---i'm a (fanatic!) i trouble shoot in my sleep= sometimes a problem will work out in my sleep & i will get up & go (see if it works-) (99% of the time it works!) i always have a number of projects going at once- sometimes 2 or 3 will suddenly all come together at once----but i do also have projects that have been years in the works---not long ago finished a 10 year old project---but did 4 other quilt tops that same week....it's like sitting around knitting- or what ever- i stay busy- and organized & some go together easier/faster than others.