View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by Admin
I would like to relay a question someone just asked via the newsletter feedback:

Do I have to purchase a new attachment to make this chenille fabric????

Connie Christiansen
Aggi, would you care to comment, please?
There are no special machines you will need to make chenille. As long as you have a sewing machine that can run a straight stitch and you have a quilting foot, you can make chenille!

The only special gadget you will need is a special Rotary Cutter called a "Slash Cutter". Olfa offers several styles in these cutters. They look like your basic rotary cutter, except there is a long arm that extends past the blade. This arm is to allow you to cut between your sewn lines and not to jump stitches and cut elsewhere. The arm also prevents you from cutting into the bottom layer of your chenille layers. With this chenille e-book I suggest you have 4 layers of fabric. You only cut through the top 3. The bottom layer is left alone and uncut.

This link will show you two different types of Rotary Slash Cutters used for Chenille by Olfa

http://www.rotarycuttershop.co.uk/ac...e_Cutters.html

However, if you wish to skip the slash cutter gadget, you can still cut your lines with your scissors. It may take a little longer to cut, but it can be done and you will still get the same beautiful chenille results

I hope this answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!! I'll answer them all to the best of my ability!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea