Old 05-16-2012, 06:00 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
The woman who runs the SA store here called my daughter and asked her to tell me they found two more old machines 'upstairs'. The SA store is in an old coat factory. Each machine is black and some part of the head moves as it sews was all the info I was given. Makes me curious to go see them, not that I want an industrial machine.

Speaking of Pfaff, last week at quilting group I grabbed a machine. It was in the New Home parking spot, but it was a white Pfaff - maybe 1980s. It sewed very noisily - so much so that I put it away until I have time to spend with it. Anything I need to look for besides oiling and delinting??
Judy, I know you know your machines so if you think it is a 1980's Pfaff, it probably is. The 'new' Pfaff's are not even Pfaff's. Pfaff sold their name sometime around 2006? I'd have to look up the merge date, but a lot of the late model Pfaff's are not even listed on the Pfaff site as a Pfaff - they just say Pfaff on the machine. They look like a really cheap box store Singer. The older machines that are true Pfaff's should not be noisy - except for the Grand Quilter, it is noisey! Can you post a photo? Does it have the IDT walking foot?

Nancy