Old 05-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Janis

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Janis go to this ISMACS site and you will see all the class 99's broken down. The very first 99 was the 99k1 made in 1911 to model a 66, but only 3/4's the size of a 66. It is a lot of fun to research our machines and learn about them! I think all of us get excited when we learn about our machines! http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...sses-1-99.html

Nany
From what I read there earlier in the day, my 1924 Singer 99 might be a 16 or 17, because it is an electric portable with a carrying case. It has the solid hand wheel like the 99-13. It could be the 99-10 as that one is portable, but doesn't say anything about being electric.
I've tried to read what l can on these old machines and enjoy learning all I can about them. I did read in the book, AFTER I printed a new one that " Under no circumstances must the screw EE be loosened." OOPS, I did and took the latch off so I could clean out under the bobbin case. I did sew with it after, and it did OK, so maybe I didn't do anything so bad. I'm hoping!