Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I've been busy. My sister is in town. We spent a bunch of time in the shop. Spent half the day just looking and never saw it all... scary... We've been cleaning up a couple of the old ladies. I took one 1970s Singer to work and gave it to Lisa - she is a sweet little black lady and she always brightens my day when I have to go to that store. She went wild - she is so expressive... It was turquoise (the one she lost was turquoise) and it did zig zag. She says she is going to put lace on a hankie for when she goes to church so she can wave it in the air. Then I found a couple 301s so I cleaned them up - both run beautifully. We fixed up an Alden's (Japanese 15) very nice turquoise color - well maybe it is green? We worked on a couple old 185s tensions. I shot pics of some Singer 15s with potted motors. One of them is really going to be grand when I get it fixed up - it is all in black. I cleaned up the Cinderella - very interesting - Outside I would have thought a 15 clone. Under it is for sure not a 15 clone - I didn't pull her in half... She runs like a bulldozer - LOUD. Her case is miserable... I'm thinking about building her a box and putting her somewhere that I can see her all the time. She shined up nice. We got that pink and gray looking mighty purty. I need to get some kind of box for shipping a sewing machine... It is getting over due. Any ideas where you find a nice box - maybe one inside another.
Miriam, either one of those 301's a long bed?

Nancy