View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 05:09 AM
Geri B

good luck. I have a babylock ellure plus, not really a fan.....it was to replace my viking, but I find myself piecing on the viking. first, the one has supposedly 3 - 1/4" seams and no one can tell me the difference? I do not like the 1/4" foot, it has that little piece of vertical metal on the edge, fine for straight edge pieceing, but try putting a "dog ear" under that thing, not good. I hate the threading near the needle, I do not have tiny hands and the space there is so tight tough to get the thread around the #6 spot....and auto thread...yuck and thread cut, yuck..too many times it has unthreaded on the next piece......or that little "knot" they call it, as you begin to sew, looks to me like a little bird's nest....and I had to buy a long plastic guide so I could use my large cones of thread rather than the little ones on top of the machine...just to clear the top of the machine...needless to say, not a good purchase on my part.......and my viking is heavier and foot pedal does not need to be "nailed" down to the floor...........stays where I put it.......