Thread: New Kindle Fire
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 05:59 AM
Geri B

I purchased Kindle, not fire, but one with a touch screen keyboard, about 6 months ago. It now sits in a drawer. I purchased it primarily to download books from the library, finding out the authors I like to read are not available for ereaders......from library anyway......of course, on Amazon, I could "buy" a book I might be interested in for a very low price, but that is not what I wanted. I don't buy the actual books now so why would I want them electronically, even though they are cheaper........and the freebies on line are basically unknown authors who self-publish, hoping to get a following...I have read and gagged on a few of those.......I don't want to go around bragging about all the "free books" I have downloaded-the classic that are free, I have already read.......just thought this might be a more efficient way to read, but have found it not so....so be aware of the shortcomings....it will sit in the drawer until the libraries/publishers get "upgraded to ereaders"and I will continue to order and pick up real books from my local library, since my taxes are helping to keep it available for use....