Old 05-17-2012, 09:14 AM
QuilterMomma

Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
Oh QuilterMomma... I got 'the' call today :-) Will be picking up your quilt from the LA tomorrow. She has to snip the gazillion hundred threads that are on the back.

Driving home today we passed her shop. Lynn (the LA) has spread the quilt across the top of her quilting frame which in just inside a huge window for all the world to see.

We didn't stop (although dh offered).Thinking about it now, I wished we had just to take a picture. The colors just popped; it was so brillant all spread out like it is, the brick shop, lots of warm wood and great lighting. I missed a great photo opp. Whaaa....

She said it is fabulous and CANNOT believe I am 'giving' it away.

Be still my wildly beating heart.

best,
d
Now after you see it, you still have to give it to me. You said it was mine. (with great anxiety you might keep it)

I laid all your blocks out last night on design wall. Arranged how I thought I wanted it to be, switched a couple around and stood back and went ..........ready?........ WOW!!!!!!!!! The 30s fabrics just look wonderful in this log cabin design. i was so surprised and wondered why did I wait so long to sew them up and I am going to have to make me one like this. I just love how they played together.

Now to get the quilting design just right and it is going to say hello Whigrose, I am here love me. (love me with the deep voice) I am so pleasantly surprised at how it is. I may just take a sneak pic and post it to show everyone at the awe of it. Hmmmm, good thing I am not home right now.