Old 05-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

ooops! there's a small piece of white fabric laying on top of one of the small triangles on BR2

well - so now I'm behind and ahead??? I've posted two of next week's blocks - completed C11 and D1. A small word of warning when you do C11 ....ahem.... make sure you piece the four squares in such a way that you end up with a circle [first time I had a cross....] when I checked the thatquilt.com site just now for comparison I noticed I did it almost the same way. I cut four dark "generous" 2 1/2" squares - the site says 3" but you really only will need 2 3/8 since they finish 1 7/8" - then I made a template of the "bone shape" and marked four on light 'background' fabric using washable fabric marker. I marked the bones on each square for placement and used it to needle-turn applique my bones. I pressed my blocks and trimmed to 2 3/8" squares. When complete, I sewed the squares together by machine and also added the final strips as one long strip per side [my strips were 1" wide.] when I finished and pressed I trimmed block using my Dear Jane ruler to 5" square.

D1 is not PP'd I simply cut four 2 3/8" squares of dark fabric in half once diagonally. All light strips measure 1/4" - I cut a long strip 3/4" wide and very carefully stitched 1/4" seams matching four triangle bases to one side of my strip and leaving ~ 1/8-1/4" space between points of triangles. I then carefully placed the remaining four triangles directly across the first set on the other side of strip and attached them. I pressed the seams to the dark fabric and carefully trimmed the squares - placing the diagonal marking on my ruler midway down the center of the strip. Trimming squares to 2 1/8" I added another 3/4" light strip in between two squares with points meeting at the bottom. Pressed sections and added one more strip between the top and bottom parts. I ended up matching the inner corners of diagonals and taking a few hand stitches before stitching by machine.... difficult to match those d.....m corners!! The four dark outer border pieces need to measure 4x1 and corner squares finish 1/2" so are cut 1" squares. I sewed dark rectangles to two sides and light squares to one end of remaining rectangles by machine. I attached the remaining borders with squares to within 1/4" next square and added the remaining squares by hand.