Old 05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

MiraB ... do you suppose you could whip me up a Latte? along with those caps?

QNSue ... you know that if you want to get those birds in line, remind them that if they're not good little birdies, they'll meet their destiny much sooner! That should get them to behave!!

While my yard is no where as glorious as QNSue's beautiful spot, here's some pics that I took today, after I did my FWS photos. First of all, my back verandah, next to the lane ... still decorated for Easter! The reason .... I had the wreath for Christmas decorations, then after, I changed the trimmings to more of a winter look. Then Easter and full Bunny decor! The mini lights are on an auto-timer and have been there all along. Because it's sheltered the boughs stay in good condition throughout. To the right you can see the deck where my FWS was hanging, and then from there to the right it goes into the bush. More to the story ...... read on .........
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336117[/ATTACH]

Last year Mrs. Robin came along and built a nest along with the Easter decorations. Guess What? she came back and did the same this year and even in the same place .... look to the upper left of the wreath!!! During the construction phase, I'd come out and the flowers would be picked off and tossed on the floor. Guess she didn't want that decor for her home!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336118[/ATTACH]

Four eggs, have now hatched, and those poor birds are piled in there. Talk about a crowded house!!!!!
You can really only see one and a lot of fluff of the feathers. I can't get over how large it's eye and beak is already .......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336119[/ATTACH]

Trilliums are our provincial flower, so are protected. Illegal to pick, though OK to transplant. When I came to this place, there were no trilliums in my bush, so I moved some in and they seem to have settled just fine! I can see these from all along the back of my home. Nothing nicer to wake up in the morning, than to look out and see them from my bedroom. Red flags are my markers so I can keep an eye that they re-grow each year and so I don't in error start digging to plant something else!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336122[/ATTACH]

Just a little closer look .......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336124[/ATTACH]

Here I am in the bush, looking back up the slope towards my home, so a reverse of what I can see from above .........
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336128[/ATTACH]

Another shot in the same area, just a little closer up. As you can see throughout, masses of periwinkle and forget-me-nots are showing their pretty-ness right now and the ferns have stretched out for a nice feathery backdrop. Lots of wild tiger lilies to look forward to, some White Nancy, and some other perennials groundcovers (that I don't know the names!) have been added to entry to the bush.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336129[/ATTACH]

OBTW ... I have a window and patio door in my sewing room, that looks out into this yard view!!! Thanks for looking and I hope I've given you a little idea of what the back area of my home is like. The front gardens .... will wait til the lilies and clematis give some colour!
Attached Thumbnails birds3.jpg   birds6.jpg   birds7.jpg   yard3.jpg   yard9.jpg  

yard7.jpg   yard4.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 05-17-2012 at 06:49 PM.