Old 05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
weasier22

Default Lil' Twister Wall Hanging UFO Finally Done!!!

I fell in love with the twister quilts and started this one in early December of last year. I had it pin basted for months ... eye surgery ... other projects ... all kept me putting off the quilting of this twister. Finally ... I was able to get it done!!! I so enjoyed making this pattern. Lots of fun! Went looking for a quilt hanger on Tuesday ... couldn't find what I had in mind ... Thought I'd use wooden wall brackets - small ones - along with a dowel through a sleeve on the back. Well, the craft store I went to did not have any wooden wall brackets. Found the dowel and end caps only. Was really disappointed. Then I saw them ... clothes pins! All sizes! My mind started turning ( did you smell it burning?!) ... Bought 4 clothes pins and little hanging pieces that I nailed to the backside of each pin. I just love them! Think I'll give them a coat of paint. Not sure what color...have to think on it (oh no ... here comes some more burning!). Hung it proudly above my mother's sewing machine ... I call her "Tootsie" in honor of my mom! Hope you all like it as much as I do!
Attached Thumbnails clothes-pin-hanger.jpg   twister-proudly-hanging-over-tootsie.jpg