View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 01:20 AM
Muv

QuiltE - not inspired to do a trilliums quilt? A mini wall hanging? They are so pretty the way they glow out of the shade.

Anna - love your quilts, especially the one with all the curved seams! The shades of blue and red are really lovely. Also,
thanks for adding the leek recipe. I will have to try it. My husband is a great one for savoury flans - he makes the pastry case and I do the filling.

Jenniky - thrilled that you have been converted to leeks. They are so versatile, keep for ever in the freezer, and most important, are TASTY!

Just think, if the Welsh didn't have the leek for their symbol a family in Indiana might never have tasted them. Just look where the Patriotic Challenge leads!

I'm well on the way now with the shamrock. After doing the wall hanging top I needed something quicker and easier, so the leek and the shamrock fitted the bill.

Speaking of Wales, we can see Wales from our upstairs windows on a clear day, and I'm going on a quick visit today to see some friends there... The shamrock will have to wait...