View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 05:48 AM
Becky Crafts

Default White Runner almost done..

I have been working hard on an applique runner for my sister recently. It is mainly white with shades of denim blue flowers appliqued on it. It is as with most of my runners, reversible. I have had a few problems with it and it is still trying to dry at this time. First, as soon as I got the inner binding sewn down, a miniscule green bug was seen crawling across one edge. I tried to brush it off at which point it seemed to explode in this giant green stain. I swear he was barely big enough to see & I just brushed at him!!! So, I used everything in my stain repertoire to remove it. I could still see it. I finished the runner anyway, then rinsed it in a cool water bath. Some of the dark blue ran into the white. (But the green stain was gone!!) So I ran cool water over it which seemed to help until the next morning. DH had also told me to iron it which I would have done anyway...now the starch residue leaves yellow-orange stains on it. Now I buy some color catchers (TY so much ladies) and they seem to have worked. As soon as I hung it outside the sun went behind clouds. It had been bright & sunny all day prior to this. I brought it in. If this runner ever dries, it is SO out of here!!!
Attached Thumbnails lynnes-runnr-nearly-done.jpg