Old 05-18-2012, 07:26 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Nancy when I get a response from CL and it has the same title as my ad, I ignore it. Those are usually sent back as spam. I look for a different title and a phone number or I ignore the email. If the email says 'do you still have the item?' I ignore the email. If the ad says 'I want to buy your item' I ignore the email.
Hummm, I never change the title - but, I do put my phone number. Geeze, Miriam if you really want to sell the item why ignore a response. If I list something, I check all the responses I get - even the ones that ask 'do you still have the item.' There are lazy people out there that sell something and don't remove the ad. Most people wouldn't change the title - I'm guessing - unless they do an awful lot of buying off of Craigslist. Most people would just do a reply to the ad. I do a reply, ask for their phone number, location, and put in my phone # and location. I am always very polite. I usually get responses. I have several machines I bought off of Craigslist. It is the ones that don't put a phone number that seem to ignore e-mails.

Nancy