View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 08:07 AM
QuilterMomma

I am thrilled this am ladies. I finished the top on one of the 30s quilts I saved since 2006, a one fabric wonder table runner that was started 1.5 years ago, a thanksgiving runner that I started about a year ago, and a strip baby quilt that is about 12 years ago when the idea to just sew strips together to make a quilt was big. I added a couple of different pieces of fabric into it to spruce it up. The top yesterday, and the other three this am.
Wow, interesting to see how one progresses along in her quilting career. My color choices now are so much better. I have on the design wall a leaf quilt that is from last year. Not real old, but needs done none the least. It will be pretty. Somehow one of the leafs is missing so I have to make another block then sew together. I had all the sashings cut, just needed assembled. I think I see where my projects got left, cut up, blocks sewn, and then stopped. Pattern is developing. I have so many quilts at this step, practically most of them, that my design wall may not leave my living room till the end of the year.
Hopefully I can get these all quilted this weekend. Going to be rainy here so there is a good chance this will be a great quilting weekend on the longarm. My new longarm is paying for itself just getting my stuff done. I calculate, just to charge myself longarm fees of $75 per quilt, some would be more if sent out, that I will have paid for my longarm by the end of the year with all my projects. Is that good or what? Thinking the or what. Well, have a great day and weekend finishing up some projects ladies. I am on a roll again. Hallelujah!!