Old 05-18-2012, 08:25 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Nancy when I get a response from CL and it has the same title as my ad, I ignore it. Those are usually sent back as spam. I look for a different title and a phone number or I ignore the email. If the email says 'do you still have the item?' I ignore the email. If the ad says 'I want to buy your item' I ignore the email.
Ooops! Miriam, you probably wouldn't respond to my inquiry emails...

This is what I routinely do for my own personal info when writing to a craigslist ad. I usually don't call first, even if they have a number, I prefer to not take up their time by calling until I find out some info. Then, in my email I copy/edit their Title which includes city, then copy/edit their ad text and then form my questions. 99% of the time I get responses. I do this so "I" know which request is concerning which ad since I do inquire sometimes to more than one ad/in more than one city.

I only had one recently that never put their phone number in, I wrote, no response from them. I wrote again, no response... again. Then, 3 days later they replaced their exact same ad, no phone number and they did not respond to two more emails from me. THAT was frustrating for 2 reasons: 1) they left no other way to contact them 2)DH and I reallllllly wanted that machine! My conclusion was that 'they' were fishing, either for email addresses OR to test the market response.