View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 12:23 PM
NanaCsews2

Default EQ7 and Kaspersky Antivirus warnings

Yesterday, after being off the computer for some time, I logged on and all usual updates were done before I attempted to go into any programs. Didn't open anything and immediately I received a warning from Kaspersky Antivirus that there was something malicious with EQ7. Nothing else, only EQ7. Not knowing much about computers, I scanned the computer and cleaned it out (took over 3 hours). During this time, I logged onto my laptop and after updates, a warning came on the laptop with the same message about EQ7. I do have it installed on both desktop computer and laptop. I scanned and cleaned that also. Didn't take so long as I only use the laptop for sewing, quilting, and embroidery. I contacted Electric Quilt and they responded that there is an issue with Kaspersky Antivirus and EQ7. Kapsersky falsely identifies EQ7 as a virus and deletes it. Ugh. Now I have to go through that process of re-installing EQ7; don't know if my saved files etc. will still be there. I think of all the work I have done and it is a little depressing to think I have to re-do it all. I have my mom's and brother's quilts in there that I am working on-one is a quilt for the service my brother did in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Baghdad. I tell myself it will be okay. Electric Quilt says the issue is resolved and the next Kaspersky update will include a virus definition update to white-list EQ7 as a virus. Can't do anything until after tomorrow they said. If anyone has received this and does not know what was going on, now you do. Guess Kaspersky was working overtime, and/or EQ7 had a glitch that was not put in the initial program to prevent Kaspersky from shutting it down and deleting it.