Old 05-18-2012, 03:25 PM
nurseknitsLaura

I just looked at my emails from craigs list. I happen to have five things listed this week. it looks like I exchange about 10 emails per sale. More than I thought. I also looked at the relationship between no shows and phone numbers and found no relationship.(For example, today I had one sale, where we never exchanged phone numbers, and three no shows with phone numbers that didn't come, didn't call, and didn't answer their phone!) Which surprised me. Just to add info, I just hit reply to the ad, never change anything. I don't call unless it says please call no emails, or something like that. Most people seem to let the phone go to message, and I am really not interested in phone tag!

Packing a machine to ship is too much work. It would have to be a very high dollar machine for me to be willing to deal with ebay. I do ebay collectible stuff that needs a wider audience to sell. For example, I am down sizing my collection of Fisher Price vintage toys. That has to be on ebay, it's too weird of a collection. But not the tiny sewing machine! I'm keeping the tiny Fisher Price sewing machine!