Old 05-18-2012, 05:12 PM
path49

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
it looks like they have been rescued by someone. there is a vintage machine enthusiast/collector/restorer/seller in the area (belleville, il). i am wondering if she got them. she restores the vintage machines and then posts them on CL for $300+. she currently has a 15-91 listed for $350.00. that's a bit pricey to me but what do i know. i paid far less for my two 15-91's.

i will keep watching her ads to see if she got them what she lists them for.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ard/3013126895.html
I know the lady from Belleville....I bought my 403A from her. Her prices were much more reasonable then...her machines are a little high now. When I bought it, she was collecting & restoring Singers. Since then she bought out a Singer shop that closed. There was a back room there FULL of trade-ins & parts machines. But she usually gets her asking price because anything she sells is functionally perfect...worn/missing parts replaced, everything adjusted & cleaned. She even guarantees the machines she sells. Her prices are higher but you won't have to spend any more replacing parts etc. I really doubt that she's buying more machines to sell...but I could be wrong! Her house looking like a sewing machine museum BEFORE she bought out the Singer store. Now she has to have HUNDREDS of machines to restore/sell!

I really miss that old Singer shop though. It had been in business for many years. Any part that I needed for any brand of machine was there...& they were SO cheap. They had huge boxes of feet, cams, etc (new & used)...& would sell the used ones for $1 each. Once I needed a bobbin winder for an old Kenmore...she just gave me a screwdriver & led me to their parts machines. I think I gave a whopping $1.50 for it! No matter what you needed, they had it. Gosh, I miss that place....

Last edited by path49; 05-18-2012 at 05:23 PM.