Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by path49 View Post
I know the lady from Belleville....I bought my 403A from her. When I bought it, she was collecting & restoring Singers. Since then she bought out a Singer shop that went out of business. There was a back room there FULL of trade-ins & parts machines. She usually gets her asking price because anything she sells is functionally perfect...worn/missing parts replaced, everything adjusted & cleaned. She even guarantees the machines she sells. Her prices are a bit higher but you won't have to spend any more replacing parts etc.

I really miss that old Singer shop though. It had been in business for many years. Any part that I needed for any brand of machine was there...& they were SO cheap. They had huge boxes of feet, cams, etc (new & used)...& would sell the used ones for $1 each. Once I needed a bobbin winder for an old Kenmore...she just gave me a screwdriver & led me to their parts machines. I think I gave a whopping $1.50 for it! No matter what you needed, they had it. Gosh, I miss that place....
she is a very pleasant person to talk with. i will take her my 15-91 that needs rewiring. i am thinking about taking her my 301a (for cleaning/tuning) also as her prices seem reasonable. i am not sure if i had to pay $350 for a singer 15-91 that i would own one. but that is just me.