Old 05-19-2012, 05:32 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
QuiltE...you could hang it sideways with a couple inches to spare if you have a wall that was 10 feet! . Entering it in the fair is an awesome idea. Maybe your LQS would display it too. It's s work to be seen by the world.
I've entered in Fairs the last two years. Most of them, I have few classes being that I don't do the quilting myself. Though most have a class for piecing judged, and LAQ by someone else. The wall is a problem ... I think the only wall that I'd have that long without a door/window would be the living room ... and it would look so out of place, unless I redecorated, which would mean new furniture too! As for LQS, I'll be asking, but I don't expect a positive, as I've only seen their quilts and samples. I can understand that, for several reasons ... not all of their fabric, not a pattern they are going to be doing with a class ... and probably more so, to not start a stampede of jealousy, "why don't you hang my quilt?" So spare bed for now, the fairs ... and I'm trying to think of places it could visit to hang for awhile (as in public places to show it off, where it'd be "safe" from grubby fingers etc.)