Thread: I was so sad...
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 06:16 AM
hperttula123

That is really sad. It makes me think, even at work, I don't know anyone else that sews there or even has a machine. I used to get people all the time asking me to fix their clothes(thank goodness that stopped). There is a plus to it...My kids are all younger...they range from 4- 15 yrs old. Everytime one of their friends come over, we get them sewing or doing some other craft. Last night, my daughter had a sleep over. I had all the kids sitting and hand sewing while they watched a movie. Even though they don't sew at home, you can still do what you can to get them sewing too. Whether it be your kids coming over with friends, or grand-kids' friends.
My oldest daughter's friends all save their craft projects for the fair at the end of the summer. They try to enter in as many categories as possible(from sewing to gardening and everything in between). They usually work on them a little bit on the weekends. It's a good way for all the kids to stay busy and they can earn ribbons(sometimes a $1-$3 if they get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd prize).