View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 05:03 PM
sandiphi

Hi. I have a Voyager 17 with the stretch hinterberg frame. I have 10' poles. Wish I had 12', could do a king size quilt more easily. I have 2 sets of handles, that is a huge plus. This way you can quilt from the front of the machine to do freehand and the back of the machine to do pantos. I also have the wooden templates, but mine are turned over to the opposite side because I don't use them. I place my Pantos on the table on top of the template boards. I also have the stitch regulator. Great investment. I have a stand alone bobbin winder. I do not have the one offered by Hinterberg because I heard bad things about theirs, but I did purchase mine off of Ebay, and love it. The L size bobbins don't fit on my domestic machines. I would suggest you have at least 10 extra bobbins. I would suggest you get extra needles, size 18 and 20. I would also suggest you get a TOWA bobbin gauge, it is a little pricey, but well worth it. I hear that a pigtail bobbin is a good investment. I don't have it yet, but will be getting it soon. Also, join the Hinterberg Yahoo group website, that site is a wealth of information. They are awesome, and you can learn alot from them because they are also owners of the V17 and HSF. Oh, I would also suggest if you join the yahoo group, get the Bowers Lifts from Kathy Bowers. They are these things that she invented to help raise the take up bar as you advance your quilt. Great invention. Also, I bought the Grip Lite clamps. Like those alot. I have the Featherlite clamps, not too thrilled with them, but that is my opinion. Hmm, can't think of anything else right now. Do you have any questions for me?