View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 02:23 PM
wordpaintervs

I make large cloth dolls to give away to children with very devestating medical problems (mostly kids with cancer) and cut on my floor or put a cutting mat on the wider part of the ironing board, putting it in front of the recliner. I am almost 72 and have done that for soon to be 108 of the dolls (100 of which have found a home.) Sometimes because I only have 34% of my lungs, I get short of breath, and have to go get my o2, and sometimes if the fabric is denser then normal (that I reserve for doll bodies) my fingers get super tired, and I rest them and excercise my hands for a day before more cutting. I haven't spent money on a cutting table, as what isn't donated toward the dolls, goes toward postage when I have to mail them out. THE ACS disburses them for me otherwise. I use cash donationsm when they can be spared to buy thread, trim and ribbons, etc. material...all that stuff. Anyway, what I am taking a long time to say is this....whatever one has to do to get the cutting done is to cut where you can, maybe in shorter time spans and doing it more often, but where there is a will, there is a way. Hang in there and it will all work itself out. Maybe someday you'll get some kind of table. I find it all works out or has for me. If I am almost 72 and can do it, I imagine most others can as well. God Bless you and yours out there.

Vickey Stamps