Thread: My quest for FW
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 03:47 AM
Briarberry

Smile My quest for FW

I know all you vintage enthusiasts will appreciate this. I started quilting about 6 months ago using my mom's old 15-91 because that was the only machine I owned and knew how to use. I am not a sewer, just a mender. I started reading about FWs and taking a quilting class, so decided I'd like to own one. In the mean time I picked up a inexpensive Brother machine for $30 on kijiji. It works just fine but then I saw a 99K so I got that too. It was too heavy to lug to class but then I saw an ad for a cute green 185J which I also bought. Of course it was as heavy as the 99K. All this time I am still looking for a reasonably priced FW. Then I see another ad on kijiji for a 301a in a cabinet for $50 so off I go to look at it. It is gorgeous, so home it comes with me. Still no FW but the 301a just pops out of the cabinet and is much easier to tote around and the stitch is perfect.
These machines just seem to show up in my life and I love them all, even the newer Brother because it zigzags for me. Right now I have a bid in for a FW at a local charity store so wish me luck. Meanwhile I will continue my quest and who knows what will follow me home!