View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 11:00 AM
MaggieMeg

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
This is a late mother's day gift for my mom. I still need to bind it. It measures 60" across so it is a pretty big table topper. The asian print with the cranes I picked up while visiting her in Vegas. I love this fabric, it was hard to cut! The twilight star center and circling geese are from Judy Mathieson's book Mariner's Compas Quilts Settin a New Course. It uses the freezer paper technique which I really like for MC blocks. I then had to draft a 60" circle to cut a template for the outer border. I was working on a wing and a prayer for that and it worked out well. I LA quilted it using bottom line in the white areas so the thread build up wouldn't be too obvious. I used a rose colored King Tut in the outer border. The background design is known as an Asian Feather or Feather leaf. I just did standard feathers in the border and the center medallian which I fussy cut I quilted around the cranes and in their feathers. First pic is the top before quilting then the following pics are quilted. I used 80/20 batting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336044[/ATTACH]
That is just beautiful! You did such a great job! Mom will be thrilled!