View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 11:22 AM
ube quilting
Power Poster

Originally Posted by heronfan View Post
I foolishly cut the backing and batting a mere 2.5 inches larger all around than my quilt top. I haven't found a long arm quilter who would even entertain quilting it. The quilt measures 32x32. The backing is a special fabric chosen by the recipient and I can't find a replacement. What do I do now short of explaining my error? I'm more than willing to admit the mistake but is 2.5 inches really too little around the quilt top to make it work?
Don't worry. I have done quilts on a LA with that amount of extra around the edge. It is a small quilt and if the quilting isn't very dense there should be no problem. Try some people on the QB. I am thinking it is more the size of the quilt rather than the extra edge being narrow. It will take as much time to load it as to quilt it. Even though they get a set bottom fee for quilt size the time isn't worth it to them, IMHO. I would do any size quilt with out a second thought.

U could also base an exta border on the backing and remove it after quilting. I wouldn't worry about the small edge. Hope it works out for you.
peace