View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Fab-ra-holic

Location: Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room
Default My First Charity Quilt

Finally! Finally! Finally! I have been wanting to do a few charity quilts because I know how good it would make me and the recipients feel. But, for the past year, I have had 7 baby quilts to make and I finally finished all of those plus the massive amounts of gifts made in-between the quilts. I just found out today I will have another baby quilt to make for my nephew and his wife who is expecting in Jan., so I am really glad I finished this one.

The center was all appliqued with pictures I drew onto fabric and colored with fabric markers and some machine embroidery for the stars. The aliens on the border were machine embroidered. Originally, I had made this center for another quilt but the background fabric clashed with the featured fabric I had picked out, so I decided I would use it for my charity quilt. Instead of doing SID quilting, I did a narrow zig-zag over all the lines and stipple on the border with varigated thread. It looks really cute but it doesn't show up in the pictures. It will be going to a charity for abused children.

I just feel sooooooooooooooooooo good about finally doing this.
Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails q24-00.jpg   q24-02.jpg   q24-06.jpg  

Last edited by Fab-ra-holic; 05-20-2012 at 01:58 PM.